Friday, November 09, 2007

I have Great Happiness

In keeping with my shameless promotion of things I adore, people I admire or just stuff that I wish I had thought of first, I have to plug the absolutely jaw-dropping documentary The Great Happiness Space by filmmaker, Jake Clennell. I think you can only get it on Netflix at the moment (yes, I wish they paid me to say that) but I think you need to have it.

Here's why: I dare anyone not to fall in love with Issei, the hottest thing since, well, something else really hot. He's a shameless heart breaker with death-defying charisma and fantastic hair. The screen hasn't sizzled like this since Warren Beatty blew out Julie Christie in Shampoo.

The movie came out in 2006, which means Issei is probably driving his kid to soccer practice by now but for me he will always be the ultimate bad boy. If you need to know more before diving in (yes, Bryanboy, I know you're already sold), www.thegreathappinessspace.com.

God, I need to go to Osaka.

3 comments:

Ricardo Sierra said...

Hey Jennifer,

Yep, I found your blog! Just so you know, I find you to be way creative, totally snarky and funny beyond belief! I admire your style of writing and I wish I could be that quick, clever and smooth. I feel like such a poser and most of my attempts at humor are so corny and hokey-sounding, I just cringe!

Anyway, I think your blog needs more comments! By the way, I totally love your book, the parts I have read so far. You inspire me to take risks in my own book and writing, because I know, looking back and rereading what I have written, it can seem a little safe and tame. Thanks for that.

Can you believe I get all of that from just reading your blog and ten pages of your book? Imagine what would happen if I read the whole thing? Inconceivable!

Just send me some of your magic pixie dust to help me rub shoulders with you and get famous too!

But not too famous! I want to be able to eat at the Blue Plate without all of the paparazzi!

Ciao!

Ricardo

jennifer solow said...

Ricardo...YOU admire ME?

Well, that is way cool. I will sprinkle pixie dust your way as long as you build the fire and bring the marshmallows!

xx

Ricardo Sierra said...

Got the fire ready, and the marshmallows, and whatever else you care to cook in the coals or flames! Fajitas, anyone? Goes good with winter squash, and spring water. Fit for a queen!

Just be sure to wrap your kids tightly in a buffalo robe so they sleep warm and cozy!

R