Friday, December 23, 2005

I have a lipstick sickness.

It had been exactly 3 to 5 business days since I ordered my Japonesque Double-Sided Professional Lipstick Palette Kit and I was salivating. Now, it would make sense if the company was paying me to be this excited, to actually feature their product in the sacred space that is T-FAC, but no - my anticipation, the waiting by the door for the UPS guy, was pure illness on my part, plain and simple.

Here's the deal - this thing holds ALL your lipstick! And I know I'm not the only one who thinks this is the greatest thing since thong underwear. This is pure wonderfulness - butter on a Ritz cracker.

So it finally comes on Wednesday night. I rip open the box and my glorious new palette. Like hope and promise itself - it gleamed before me. I already had my shoebox of lipsticks ready and waiting, some towels and a nail scissors. And I am a crafty girl in general so you can only imagine my excitement.

For nearly two hours I performed the transplants: "Russian Red" "Cha Cha Cha" "Goldmine" "Fetish" "Sugar Baby" "Cyber" "Diva" "O" - all sliced off at the base and lovingly pressed one by one into the waiting plastic pockets by my tender thumb. When I was done it was a sight to behold - my years of collecting, the glistening rainbow of my life, there together, like one magnificent family.

I am Jennifer Solow and I have a lipstick sickness.
And I am proud.

No comments: